There are twelve individually fenced pickleball courts and a number of tennis courts lined for pickleball in the Quad-Cities area. The courts are open to the general public for recreational use during daylight hours. Additionally, the following activities are available for instructional clinics and drop in play.
Activities are also in a list below for your convenience.
CLUB ACTIVITIES SIGN UP SHEET
The club has an interactive sign up sheet for various activities. This is a great way to indicate you are attending and for others to see who plans to participate. Sign up on the club shared spreadsheet at http://tinyurl.com/QCPB-SignUp.
Lessons for beginning players are available indoors at Rock Island Fitness (see below). Please sign up ahead of time as class sizes are limited. At other times, lessons are available upon request at times convenient for players and instructors. Call Sharon Walters at (309) 799-3856 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Membership tab for registration form to join the QC Pickleball Club.
- PB 101 Introduction to Pickleball. (Free on Wednesdays with gym charge-see below)
- PB 102 New Strokes and Practice. (On Demand for Club Members)
- PB 103 Organized Play. (On Demand for Club Members)
- Beginner Practice. (Available at RIFAC – see below)
- At all levels of instruction we recommend students practice what they have learned for two weeks before progressing to the next level. Practice is very important to help you master your new skills. Practice at times when the court is not being used for more advanced play so you can feel comfortable to develop your game with players at a similar level. Drop in play is NOT recommended to students.
Beginner Drop-in Play – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday at RIFAC. This drop in is designed to provide players new to the game an opportunity to play together.
Beginner Lessons – Pickleball 101 lessons are starting at RIFAC on Wednesday, November 4 from 1-3 in the afternoon. Lessons are free except for the gym charge of $3.00 for non-RIFAC members and $2.00 for RIFAC members. Rackets can be rented for $1.00. Each class will meet for two lessons for two Wednesdays. Please sign up by e-mailing Sharon Walters, email@example.com. Class size will be limited to 12 people per class. New classes will begin on November 4, November 18, December 2 and December 16. 2016 schedule wil be announced at a later time. Anyone who is interested in learning to play Pickleball or want to sharpen their basic skills are invited to take the class.
Beginner Practice – 1 -3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at RIFAC. Practice. Practice. Practice. This weekly session is designed to provide players new to pickleball an opportunity to practice with others Play the game and get tips on what you can work on to improve your game. Contact Sharon Walters at (309) 799-3856 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pickleball Courts in Bettendorf, Iowa
- Indoors at Bettendorf Community Center, 2204 Grant Street. 3 courts Drop-in Play – Beginning on Wednesday, November 18th through the end of December, 8:30 – 10:30 on Wednesdays and Fridays and from 10:00 to noon on Sundays. The cost is $3.00 on Wednesdays and Fridays and $5.00 on Sundays (higher rental fees on weekends). Closed on the following dates: Friday, November 27th & Friday, December 25th. Contact Barb Cline at email@example.com
- Outdoors at Kiwanis Park, 4223 Greenbrier Dr. adjacent to Paul Norton Elementary School. Drop-in Play – 8 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday Six individually fenced pickleball courts. Contact Barb Cline at (563) 359-0558.
Pickleball Courts in Davenport, Iowa
- Indoors at Beyond the Baseline Field House, 1540 W. 12th Street. 6 indoor courts. Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, $3.00 per session charge. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
- Outdoors at Duck Creek Park, 3300 E. Locust St., 2 courts marked on existing tennis courts.
- Outdoors at Emeis Park, 4500 W. Locust Street, 1 court marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Garfield Park, 1224 E. 29th Street, 3 courts marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Northwest Park, 3500 N. Division Street, 6 courts marked on existing tennis courts. Drop-in Play –8:30 to 10:30 a.m. daily, weather permitting. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play may be available at Beyond the Baseline. Another 8 dedicated courts are under construction and should be available spring of 2016. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
- Indoors at West YMCA, 3503 W. Locust St., 3 indoor courts. Tuesday and Thursday 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. year round. $12 per session for non members to play. Y membership is $37 person, $49 husband/wife a month. The $49 activation fee waived if you are referred by a current member. Membership can be cancelled 30 days in advance. Some health insurances will reimburse cost of membership. Contact the YMCA (563) 386-4414
Pickleball Courts in DeWitt, Iowa
- Indoors at DeWitt Evangelical Free Church
- Outdoors at Central Community High School Tennis Courts.
Pickleball Courts in Eldridge, Iowa
- Indoors at Sports Town, 1700 Blackhawk Trail, Eldridge. Drop-in Play beginning November 2nd, Monday-Thursday 8-11 a.m.& Saturday 8-11 a.m. at Sportstown, 1700 Blackhawk Trail, Eldridge. Exception: courts not available Nov. 22, Jan. 9, Jan. 30 and Feb. 30. Sports town will be closed November 27th and the Christmas break through January 1st. Four indoor courts available with an entrance fee. Contact Sheri Michels at (563) 940 5127.
- Indoors at Ed White Elementary School, 121 S 5th St, Eldridge. Two indoor courts available with an entrance fee.
- Indoors at North Scott High School, 200 S 1st St, Eldridge. Wednesday nights 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Three courts set up with a $3.00 charge to play. Park on the South East side of the school by the softball fields and enter through door #20. Walk up the hall and the gym is on the right side.
- Outdoors at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St, Eldridge. Drop-in play – Six new dedicated Pickleball courts at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St. are open from sunrise to sunset. Group play is 8-11 a.m. Monday- Saturday, 5 p.m. to sunset Monday-Thursday and 3-6 p.m. on Sundays. Lessons are held Tuesdays from 8-11 a.m. with a rain date on Thursdays. Contact Mike Martin at (563) 285-8530.
Pickleball Courts in Coal Valley, Illinois
- Outdoors at Coal Valley Municipal Park, 1000 1st Street. Drop-in Play — 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, and 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Two outdoor courts available. Contact Sharon Walters (309) 799-3856.
- Indoors at Arrowhead Ranch, 12200 104th St. Drop-in Play – 8-11 a.m. Three indoor courts available Nov. 14 and 21 only. Cost will be $3 or $4 depending on the number of players. Future dates to be scheduled depending on attendance.
Community Center in Geneseo, Illinois
- Indoors and Outdoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. Drop-in Play – 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo, 3 courts available, indoor or out, depending on weather. All equipment provided. First Tuesday of month is beginner’s invitation, pickleball rodeo, and lunch. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
Pickleball Courts in Moline, Illinois
- Outdoors at Riverside Park, 3300 5th Avenue. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Indoors at Christ the King Church, 3209 60th St. Tuesdays 8-11 a.m. Three indoor courts available. The church doesn’t have set fees for the facility, but there will be a free-will donation at the door. Proceeds will go toward a local charity to be determined in the near future between church staff and the QCPC. The gym is at the Southeast corner of the property, closest to the street. Enter through the lower doors that face the parking lot on the east, just off 60th Street.
Pickleball Courts in Rock Island, Illinois
- Indoors at Rock Island Fitness & Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Drop-in Play – 9-11 a.m. Monday through Friday and 7-9 p.m. Monday at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three indoor courts available. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lincoln Park, 3801 11th Ave. Drop-in Play – 9:00 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. Three outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball. Lights for evening play. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lower Lincoln Park, 42nd St. and 9th Ave. Two outdoor courts available.
- Outdoors at Longview Park, 1591 18th Ave. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Outdoors at Mel McKay Park in Southwest Rock Island, 92nd Avenue and 14th Street W (on the corner of the Rock Island-Milan Beltway). Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Three dedicated Pickleball courts. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
Pickleball Courts in Silvis, Illinois
- Outdoors at Friendship Park, 14th Street and Crosstown Avenue. One court available towards back of park, behind softball diamond.
- Outdoors at Schadt Park, 12th Street and 4th Avenue. Drop-in Play — 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday and Thursday. Two courts available. Rules posted on the fence near the entrance gate. Contact Bert Hanlin (309) 781-7954.