There are 34 individually fenced pickleball courts and a number of tennis courts lined for pickleball in the Quad-Cities area. The courts are open to the general public for recreational use during daylight hours. Please check Playtime Scheduler or the Meetup app (see below) for the most up to date days and times for play. Check out the calendar and events page for special events and clinics. Additionally, the following venues are available for instructional clinics and drop in play.
PLAYTIME SCHEDULER – Who’s Playing Where
The club is switching to a new calendar/scheduler for our courts called Playtime Scheduler. This is a free online tool just for scheduling pickleball play times.
Currently we have been testing it out at RIFAC and had very positive feedback! RIFAC players will only be using the Playtime Scheduler and we will be transitioning the rest of the venues to Playtime Scheduler until our subscription to Meetup has expired in mid April. All of our venues have been added to the new site and you are encouraged to start adding in your play times and using this site at any of our venues.
- go to https://playtimescheduler.com/
- click on register
- select your state (either Iowa or Illinois)
- Select our region – Quad Cities Illinois-Iowa
- Enter your user information
- You can select to receive email notifications or not (this can always be changed in your preferences later)
- enter their Anti-Spam verification
Once registered, go to their home page and bookmark the link on your computer or on your smartphone save the link to your home screen for easy access.
There are sessions already scheduled for RIFAC. Just click the dot on the day and time you plan to attend and then click “add my name” and you are set!
If you plan to play someplace else, just click on the button to “Add Session” and you can then select any of our locations and add it with the time you are playing.
Questions??? contact Vicki Todd or Cindy Wiseman
QCPC Member Class Offerings
PICKLEBALL 101 -Beginning Pickleball. An introduction to Pickleball for those who have never played the game or are in the early learning stages of the game. The class is two 2-hour sessions. Emphasis will be on safety, the serve, return of serve and dinking. You will learn the rules of the game, basic strategies and will be playing a game at the first lesson. Class times and additional details will be announced on this website when the classes are being held. You must sign up for this class and is the only class for non members. Anyone who is interested in learning to play Pickleball or want to sharpen their basic skills are invited to take the class.
***Beginning Pickleball 101 lessons –
Indoor 101 Beginner lessons, RIFAC
Indoor 101 Beginner lessons, Bettendorf Y
Trudy Zuidemas will be teaching Pickleball 101 at the Bettendorf Y on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10:30 to noon. If you are not a member of the Y it will cost you $12. Free to members. People interested should call Trudy at 563-355-2961.
Beginner Drop-in Play – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday at RIFAC. This drop in is designed to provide players new to the game an opportunity to play together.
Beginner Play – Kiwanis on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 5:30p.m.
You must be a Club Member for the following classes:
See the Membership tab for registration form to join the QC Pickleball Club.
Intermediate Skills & Drills – Steve Ebner offers an Intermediate Skills and Drills session for members at various locations. Watch for notices on these on Facebook and in Meetup.
200 – Drills for all Skills – Not currently available. This class is for all our Club members from day one beginners to experienced tournament players. Usually one hour long. We may use our Club ball machines to practice many of the shots that will improve your game. The how, when and where of each shot and the range of skill level shots will be covered. From basic serves thru the important 3rd shot. Practice all the shots at your skill level. Serves, return of serve, drop shots, lobs, forehand, backhand, ground strokes, spins, location and speed of your shot can be included. Your comfort level of where you play on the court can be discussed. Coaches will address your questions and fit this class to your needs. The class goal is for you to increase your skills and then move on to 300. Your skill level will be reviewed by our coaches. You do not need to sign up for this class. Provided at all our venues by request on a rotating schedule. You are welcome to observe the 300 class.
300 – Strategy to Win —Not currently available. For the more advanced competitive player. Beginning at the 3.0 skill level and designed for the players who will play in tournaments or play at the higher levels in our Club. Correct shot selection, placement, partner communication with special emphasis on the 3rd shot and net play. To be a part of this class our coaches who teach the 200 skills class will choose those players with the 3.0 skills and ability who will do well in this format. This class will follow the 200 session if enough skilled players are present.
We usually offer 200 & 300 at the same time in the AM but depending on numbers and skill levels these classes may be offered at different times. Evening and weekend sessions can be arranged per player request and availability of our coaches. We will try to post schedule on the Web site.
400 – Tournament Prep – Not currently available. Content will be how prepare for and to win in the tournament setting. By invitation only and determined by our Coaching staff. If you will enter a tournament, you may be included in this class.
Pickleball Courts in Bettendorf, Iowa
- Indoors at Life Fitness Center, 2222 Middle Rd, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. and Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Cost: Free to Life members, $4.00 for non-members and guests. 3 courts available. No Pickleball on 11/18, 11/22, 12/25, 1/1/19
- Indoors at Bettendorf YMCA, 3800 Tanglefoot Lane. 8 a.m- Noon Monday, Wednesday and Friday. FREE lessons and Open courts are available for players- 10:30 – noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call Trudy at 563-355-2961 for info. Evenings: 6:30-8:00 pm Wednesday & Friday. Cost: Free to Y members. Non-members will need to purchase a daily guest pass for $12 which allows use of pool, weight rooms, etc. 4 courts available.
- Indoors at Bettendorf TBK Bank Sports Complex, 4850 BettPlex Drive. Drop in Pickleball can be available from open to close. They open at 7:30 and you can play until 3 pm for $5. Starting at 5 pm the evening play rate of $10 runs until 10 pm. Weekend play drop in is $10. Silver Sneakers members play for free. Drop in play only if a gym is available. If all the gyms have been reserved drop in play is not an option. Drop in play during the week is usually open as other sports are not as active then. You can also reserve court time. It is $75 per hour per court. Call for available times. 563 723 7529. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a variety of membership packages and sports clinics. Check them out. For drop-in play information contact Cindy Wiseman at (563) 940-2036.
- Outdoors at Bettendorf Middle School, 2030 Middle Rd, Drop-in Play –Now that school is back in session at Bettendorf Middle School, our use of the pickleball courts is going to be limited. Drop-in play will not be available during the school day. You may play Monday though Friday after 3 pm. Saturday and Sunday drop-in play begins at 8 am and continues through dark. Six dedicated courts. There is a stoplight just for that entrance with ample parking by the courts.
- Outdoors at Kiwanis Park, 4223 Greenbrier Dr. adjacent to Paul Norton Elementary School. Drop-in Play – 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Six individually fenced pickleball courts. Beginner Play – on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 5:30p.m. Contact Barb Cline at (563) 359-0558.
Pickleball Courts in Davenport, Iowa
- Beyond the Baseline Field House (BTB), 1540 W. 12th Street. 6 indoor courts. Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, $3.00 per session charge. BTB is for winter play. During morning rains and inclement weather indoor play moves to Beyond the Baseline. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.or email to email@example.com
- Indoors at West Y, 3503 W. Locust St. 3 Indoor Courts available.
Monthly Sessions – Members: FREE, Community: $30/session. Contact number 563-386-4414
Evenings on Thursday, 6:00 pm – 8:45 pm, Saturday, 9am to noon
They offer this and every program based on Monthly sessions. For Example;
November – 13 days in session = $2.30 per day
December – 14 days in session = $2.14 per day
January – 13 days in session = $2.30 per day
If you only attend 2 days/week = $3.75 per day.
- Indoors at North Y, 624 W 53rd St., 2 Indoor courts 10:00 am – Noon Monday, Wednesday & Friday, Monthly Sessions – Members: FREE, Community: $30/session. Contact number 563-391-7771
- Indoors at Downtown Y, 606 W 2nd St, 1 Indoor court, Tuesday and Thursday 9 am – 1 pm
Monthly Sessions – Members: FREE, Community: $30/session. Contact number 563-322-7171
- Outdoors at Northwest Park, 3500 N. Division Street, 8 new dedicated Pickleball courts. Drop-in Play –7:30 to 11:00 a.m. daily, weather permitting. Evening play is available every day! Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
- Outdoors at Duck Creek Park, 3300 E. Locust St., 2 courts marked on existing tennis courts.
- Outdoors at Emeis Park, 4500 W. Locust Street, 1 court marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Garfield Park, 1224 E. 29th Street, 3 courts marked on existing tennis court.
Pickleball Courts in DeWitt, Iowa
- Indoors at Ekstrand Monday Evenings 4:30-6:30 p.m., Saturday Advanced 8-10 a.m. & Intermediate/Beginner 10-12 p.m. At HS Aux Thursday Evenings 5-7 p.m.
- Outdoors at Central Community High School Tennis Courts.
Pickleball Courts in Eldridge, Iowa
- Evening Play, Indoors at North Scott High School, 200 S 1st St, Eldridge. Beginning Oct. 10th, Wednesday nights 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. Eight courts set up with a $3.00 charge to play. Park on the South East side of the school by the softball fields, play is in the LAB (Lancer Athletic Building).
- Outdoors at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St, Eldridge. Drop-in play – Six new dedicated Pickleball courts at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St. are open from sunrise to sunset. Group play is 8-11 a.m. Monday- Saturday, 5 p.m. to sunset Monday-Thursday and 3-6 p.m. on Sundays. Advanced Play – Tuesday and Saturday evening at 5 pm. Others are invited also as there is plenty of room for all ability levels with 6 courts. Contact Mike Martin at (563) 285-8530.
Pickleball Courts in Coal Valley, Illinois
- Outdoors at Coal Valley Municipal Park, 1000 1st Street. Drop-in Play — 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, and 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Two outdoor courts available. Contact Sharon Walters (309) 799-3856.
Pickleball Courts in East Moline, Illinois
- Indoors at Christ United Methodist Church, 3801 – 7th St., Evenings Tuesday and Thursday 6-7:30 pm, 3 courts in the Life Center, No fee – FREE to all
Community Center in Geneseo, Illinois
- Indoors and Outdoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. Drop-in Play – 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo, 3 courts available, indoor or out, depending on weather. Beginning Tuesday, September 11th, the outdoor venue will be Richmond Hill Park. All equipment provided. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
Pickleball Courts in Moline, Illinois
- Outdoors at Riverside Park, 3300 5th Avenue. Tuesdsay and Thursday – 8:00 – 10:30 a.m., Evening Play-Wednesday – 6:00 -8:30 p.m. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
Indoors at Quad City Tennis Club, 1522 – 47th Avenue. 309-762-2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of Friday, February 7, 2020, new rules of play will apply. The Tennis Club will reimburse the club a portion of the $2000 Institutional fee and will charge Tennis Club individual membership fees to you.
Current punchcards will be honored until used up. When you need to purchase a new punchcard, you will be assessed a Tennis Club membership fee. The pro-ration is as follows:
- If you join in February, you will pay $37.50 which is good until April 30.
- If you join in March, you will pay $25.00 which is good until April 30.
- If you join in April, you will pay $12.50 which is good until April 30.
Summer session will be $50 (May-August).
Punchcards will be $30 for 10 punches.
Play outside of Open Play will be $3 per hour. Court reservation required.
Open Play schedule has changed to:
Tuesday: 8am-12pm and 6:30pm-10pm
Thursday: 8am-12pm and 6:30pm-10pm
- Indoors at Two Rivers YMCA, 2040 – 53rd Street. One court, $12 for non members per session, Free to Y members, Tuesday & Thursday 12 to 1:30 & Friday eve 6 to 9:45.
Pickleball Courts in Rock Island, Illinois
- Indoors at Rock Island Fitness & Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Drop-in Play –Please check in and pay at the front desk. It is $2 for RIFAC and Silver Sneakers members and $3 for Non-members. All Non-members need to sign the pickleball sheet when they pay and members/silver sneakers members need to scan there membership cards. Silver Sneakers Member – this is important as this is how they get paid through Silver Sneakers.
Suggested Skill Play Times:
8-11 am Advanced/Intermediate
11 am – 2 pm Beginner/Intermediate
2-4:00 pm Open Play
All evenings and weekends are Open Play
Our new RIFAC hours:
Mondays – Fridays: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday Evenings: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm (added year round, unless otherwise informed)
Saturdays 1 pm – 5 pm Through December 2019
Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three to five indoor courts available. Contact Vicki Todd or Sharon Walters
- Outdoors at Lincoln Park, 3801 11th Ave. Drop-in Play – Three outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball. Lights for evening play. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Longview Park, 1591 18th Ave. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Outdoors at Mel McKay Park in Southwest Rock Island, 92nd Avenue and 14th Street W (on the corner of the Rock Island-Milan Beltway). Drop-in Play – 9:00 to 12 a.m. and Evening Play 6 p.m. to dark Monday through Saturday. 6 new dedicated Pickleball courts. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available beginning at 9 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
Pickleball Courts in Silvis, Illinois
- Outdoors at Friendship Park, 14th Street and Crosstown Avenue. One court available towards back of park, behind softball diamond.
- Outdoors at Schadt Park, 12th Street and 4th Avenue. Drop-in Play — 9 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Evenings 5:00 to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Two dedicated pickleball courts plus one court with pickleball lines painted on the tennis court right next to the dedicated courts. Rules posted on the fence near the entrance gate. Contact Bert Hanlin (309) 781-7954.