There are twelve individually fenced pickleball courts and a number of tennis courts lined for pickleball in the Quad-Cities area. The courts are open to the general public for recreational use during daylight hours. Please check the calendar for the most up to date days and times for play. Additionally, the following activities are available for instructional clinics and drop in play.
Activities are also in a list below for your convenience.
MEETUP – Who’s Playing Where
The QCPC has subscribed to a new program called Meetup to try to help Pickleball players find where other members are playing. We’ve had players checking out several locations trying to find someone to play with, and we’re hoping this app will help. Using the Meetup program you just RSVP to the date and location where you are playing. You’ll also be able to see who else is going to be at that location.
We encourage you to sign up for this program online with your computer (http://www.meetup.com) or download the app for your smart phone and create your account there. Once you have your account created you can search for or locate our page here. (http://www.meetup.com/Quad-Cities-Pickleball-Club/) If you have used your computer to create an account don’t forget to download the free app to your phone for on the go checking & scheduling!!
Awesome tool will save the drive time to see where everyone is at!!
Lessons for beginning players are available indoors at Rock Island Fitness (see below). Please sign up ahead of time as class sizes are limited. At other times, lessons are available upon request at times convenient for players and instructors. Call Sharon Walters at (309) 799-3856 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Membership tab for registration form to join the QC Pickleball Club.
- PB 101 Introduction to Pickleball. (Free-see below)
- PB 102 New Strokes and Practice. (On Demand for Club Members)
- PB 103 Organized Play. (On Demand for Club Members)
- Beginner Practice. (Available at RIFAC – see below)
- At all levels of instruction we recommend students practice what they have learned for two weeks before progressing to the next level. Practice is very important to help you master your new skills. Practice at times when the court is not being used for more advanced play so you can feel comfortable to develop your game with players at a similar level. Drop in play is NOT recommended to students.
Beginner Drop-in Play – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday at RIFAC. This drop in is designed to provide players new to the game an opportunity to play together.
Beginner Lessons – Pickleball 101 classes will now be held on both sides of the river. Ruth Senneff will hold a class at Kiwanis Park in Bettendorf on Monday, May 9 and 16 . Each session will begin at 5:30 and end at 7:30. Class size will be limited to 12. Rain date will be Monday, May 23. There is no charge for the class and equipment will be furnished.
Indoor classes will continue on the second and third Wednesdays of each month at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center. The next class will be held June 8 and 15 from 1-3. The May class is full. There is a $2.00 gym fee for members of RIFAC and a $3.00 for non-members. You can rent a racket for $1.00. This is all payable at the counter when you enter the facility. Class size will be limited to 12.
If you want to enroll in either class please e-mail email@example.com.
See you on the courts.
Anyone who is interested in learning to play Pickleball or want to sharpen their basic skills are invited to take the class.
Beginner Practice – Indoor season only – 1 -3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Wednesdays 1-3 when there are no classes scheduled) at RIFAC. Practice. Practice. Practice. This weekly session is designed to provide players new to pickleball an opportunity to practice with others Play the game and get tips on what you can work on to improve your game. Contact Sharon Walters at (309) 799-3856 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pickleball Courts in Bettendorf, Iowa
- Indoors at Bettendorf Community Center, 2204 Grant Street. 3 courts Drop-in Play – 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $3.00. Contact Barb Cline at email@example.com
- Outdoors at Kiwanis Park, 4223 Greenbrier Dr. adjacent to Paul Norton Elementary School. Drop-in Play – 8 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday Six individually fenced pickleball courts. Contact Barb Cline at (563) 359-0558.
Pickleball Courts in Davenport, Iowa
- Indoors at Beyond the Baseline Field House, 1540 W. 12th Street. 6 indoor courts. Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, $3.00 per session charge. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
- Evening/Weekend Play, Indoors at West YMCA, 3503 W. Locust St., 3 indoor courts. Drop-in Play – Monday & Tuesday 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday 1 to 3 p.m. Free for Y members, $3 per session for non members. Contact the YMCA at (563) 386-4414
- Outdoors at Duck Creek Park, 3300 E. Locust St., 2 courts marked on existing tennis courts.
- Outdoors at Emeis Park, 4500 W. Locust Street, 1 court marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Garfield Park, 1224 E. 29th Street, 3 courts marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Northwest Park, 3500 N. Division Street, 6 courts marked on existing tennis courts. Drop-in Play –8:30 to 10:30 a.m. daily, weather permitting. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play may be available at Beyond the Baseline. Another 8 dedicated courts are under construction and should be available spring of 2016. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
Pickleball Courts in DeWitt, Iowa
- Indoors at DeWitt Evangelical Free Church
- Outdoors at Central Community High School Tennis Courts.
Pickleball Courts in Eldridge, Iowa
- Indoors at Sports Town, 1700 Blackhawk Trail, Eldridge. Drop-in Play Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday 8-11 a.m. at Sportstown, 1700 Blackhawk Trail, Eldridge. Available through the end of March. Four indoor courts available with an entrance fee. Contact Sheri Michels at (563) 940 5127.
- Evening Play, Indoors at North Scott High School, 200 S 1st St, Eldridge. Wednesday nights 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Six courts set up with a $3.00 charge to play. Park on the South East side of the school by the softball fields and enter through door #20. Walk up the hall and the gym is on the right side.
- Outdoors at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St, Eldridge. Drop-in play – Six new dedicated Pickleball courts at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St. are open from sunrise to sunset. Group play is 8-11 a.m. Monday- Saturday, 5 p.m. to sunset Monday-Thursday and 3-6 p.m. on Sundays. Lessons are held Tuesdays from 8-11 a.m. with a rain date on Thursdays. Contact Mike Martin at (563) 285-8530.
Pickleball Courts in Coal Valley, Illinois
- Outdoors at Coal Valley Municipal Park, 1000 1st Street. Drop-in Play — 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, and 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Two outdoor courts available. Contact Sharon Walters (309) 799-3856.
- Indoors at Arrowhead Ranch, 12200 104th St. Drop-in Play – 9-11 a.m. Saturday only. Three indoor courts available. Cost is $3.
Community Center in Geneseo, Illinois
- Indoors and Outdoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. Drop-in Play – 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m. Alternating Saturday and Sunday (Please see the online calendar for schedule) Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo, 3 courts available, indoor or out, depending on weather. All equipment provided. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
- Sundays Indoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. January 24th, January 31st, February 7th, and February 14th from 1-3 p.m. More dates may be added in the future. Please watch the QCPC calendar for updates. Cost for non-members is $7, $6 for seniors. Sign up on the QCPC sign up sheet and please monitor the sign-up sheet before traveling to play. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
Pickleball Courts in Moline, Illinois
- Outdoors at Riverside Park, 3300 5th Avenue. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play. There are two Tuesdays that Alleman has home tennis meets, 26 April and 10 May. Do not play pickleball these two Tuesday evenings.
- Indoors at Quad City Tennis Club, 1522 – 47th Avenue. Drop-in Play – 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Six indoor courts available. QCPC members and Tennis Club members – $3 each day. All other players – $4. League play is encouraged from 8:30-12 each Wednesday.
Pickleball Courts in Rock Island, Illinois
- Indoors at Rock Island Fitness & Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Drop-in Play – Monday through Friday 9-11 a.m. (Advanced/Intermediate), 11 a.m.-1 a.m. (Beginner/Intermediate), and Open Play 1-3 (except the Wednesdays that classes are held). Evening Play 7-9 p.m. Mondays. Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three indoor courts available. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Evening Play 7-9 p.m. Mondays (Temporarily unavailable do to conflict) at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three indoor courts available. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lincoln Park, 3801 11th Ave. Drop-in Play – 9:00 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. Three outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball. Lights for evening play. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lower Lincoln Park, 42nd St. and 9th Ave. Two outdoor courts available.
- Outdoors at Longview Park, 1591 18th Ave. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Outdoors at Mel McKay Park in Southwest Rock Island, 92nd Avenue and 14th Street W (on the corner of the Rock Island-Milan Beltway). Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Three dedicated Pickleball courts. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
Pickleball Courts in Silvis, Illinois
- Outdoors at Friendship Park, 14th Street and Crosstown Avenue. One court available towards back of park, behind softball diamond.
- Outdoors at Schadt Park, 12th Street and 4th Avenue. Drop-in Play — 5:00 to 7 p.m. Monday and Thursday. Two courts available. Rules posted on the fence near the entrance gate. Contact Bert Hanlin (309) 781-7954.