There are 26 individually fenced pickleball courts and a number of tennis courts lined for pickleball in the Quad-Cities area. The courts are open to the general public for recreational use during daylight hours. Please check the Meetup program (see below) for the most up to date days and times for play. Check out the calendar and events page for special events and clinics. Additionally, the following venues are available for instructional clinics and drop in play.
MEETUP – Who’s Playing Where
The QCPC has subscribed to a new program called Meetup to try to help Pickleball players find where other members are playing. We’ve had players checking out several locations trying to find someone to play with, and we’re hoping this app will help. Using the Meetup program you just RSVP to the date and location where you are playing. You’ll also be able to see who else is going to be at that location.
We encourage you to sign up for this program online with your computer (http://www.meetup.com) or download the app for your smart phone and create your account there. Once you have your account created you can search for or locate our page here. (http://www.meetup.com/Quad-Cities-Pickleball-Club/) If you have used your computer to create an account don’t forget to download the free app to your phone for on the go checking & scheduling!!
Awesome tool will save the drive time to see where everyone is at!!
QCPC Member Class Offerings
PICKLEBALL 101 -Beginning Pickleball. An introduction to Pickleball for those who have never played the game or are in the early learning stages of the game. The class is two 2-hour sessions. Emphasis will be on safety, the serve, return of serve and dinking. You will learn the rules of the game, basic strategies and will be playing a game at the first lesson. Class times and additional details will be announced on this website when the classes are being held. You must sign up for this class and is the only class for non members.
September Pickleball 101 classes will be held at Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center on Wednesdays’, September 14 and 21 from 1-3. There is a $3.00 gym charge if you are not a member of RIFAC, $2.00 if you are, and rackets can be rented for $1. All is payable at the counter as you enter RIFAC.
Pickleball 101 will be offered at Kiwanis Park in Bettendorf on Mondays, September 12 and 19 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.. Equipment will be furnished. Please sign up for either class by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Class size is limited and they do fill quickly.
Anyone who is interested in learning to play Pickleball or want to sharpen their basic skills are invited to take the class.
Beginner Drop-in Play – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday at RIFAC. This drop in is designed to provide players new to the game an opportunity to play together.
Beginner Play – Kiwanis on Tuesday nights at 7:00p.m.
Beginner Practice – Indoor season only – 1 -3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Wednesdays 1-3 when there are no classes scheduled) at RIFAC. Practice. Practice. Practice. This weekly session is designed to provide players new to pickleball an opportunity to practice with others Play the game and get tips on what you can work on to improve your game. Contact Sharon Walters at (309) 799-3856 or email her at email@example.com.
You must be a Club Member for the following classes:
See the Membership tab for registration form to join the QC Pickleball Club.
PICKLEBALL 102 – Basic Pickleball Skills Improvements. A two hour – skills class that will further emphasize serving, returning the serve, dinking and keeping the ball low to the net after the return of serve. Defending against the lob will also be taught. Times and additional details will be announced on this website when the classes are being held. You must sign up for this class.
200 – Drills for all Skills – This class is for all our Club members from day one beginners to experienced tournament players. Usually one hour long. We may use our Club ball machines to practice many of the shots that will improve your game. The how, when and where of each shot and the range of skill level shots will be covered. From basic serves thru the important 3rd shot. Practice all the shots at your skill level. Serves, return of serve, drop shots, lobs, forehand, backhand, ground strokes, spins, location and speed of your shot can be included. Your comfort level of where you play on the court can be discussed. Coaches will address your questions and fit this class to your needs. The class goal is for you to increase your skills and then move on to 300. Your skill level will be reviewed by our coaches. You do not need to sign up for this class. Provided at all our venues by request on a rotating schedule. You are welcome to observe the 300 class.
300 – Strategy to Win –For the more advanced competitive player. Beginning at the 3.0 skill level and designed for the players who will play in tournaments or play at the higher levels in our Club. Correct shot selection, placement, partner communication with special emphasis on the 3rd shot and net play. To be a part of this class our coaches who teach the 200 skills class will choose those players with the 3.0 skills and ability who will do well in this format. This class will follow the 200 session if enough skilled players are present.
We usually offer 200 & 300 at the same time in the AM but depending on numbers and skill levels these classes may be offered at different times. Evening and weekend sessions can be arranged per player request and availability of our coaches. We will try to post schedule on the Web site.
400 – Tournament Prep – Content will be how prepare for and to win in the tournament setting. By invitation only and determined by our Coaching staff. If you will enter a tournament, you may be included in this class.
Pickleball Courts in Bettendorf, Iowa
- Indoors at Life Fitness Center, 8-11 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays starting Oct 5. Cost $3.00.
- Outdoors at Kiwanis Park, 4223 Greenbrier Dr. adjacent to Paul Norton Elementary School. Drop-in Play – 8 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday Six individually fenced pickleball courts. Beginner Play – Tuesday nights at 7:00p.m. Contact Barb Cline at (563) 359-0558.
Pickleball Courts in Davenport, Iowa
- Beyond the Baseline Field House (BTB), 1540 W. 12th Street. 6 indoor courts. Now Open! Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, $3.00 per session charge. BTB is for winter play. During morning rains and inclement weather indoor play moves to Beyond the Baseline. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outdoors at Northwest Park, 3500 N. Division Street, 8 new dedicated Pickleball courts. Drop-in Play –7:30 to 11:00 a.m. daily, weather permitting. Evening play is available every day! Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
- Outdoors at Duck Creek Park, 3300 E. Locust St., 2 courts marked on existing tennis courts.
- Outdoors at Emeis Park, 4500 W. Locust Street, 1 court marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Garfield Park, 1224 E. 29th Street, 3 courts marked on existing tennis court.
Pickleball Courts in DeWitt, Iowa
- Indoors at DeWitt Evangelical Free Church
- Outdoors at Central Community High School Tennis Courts.
Pickleball Courts in Eldridge, Iowa
- Evening Play, Indoors at North Scott High School, 200 S 1st St, Eldridge. Beginning Oct. 26th, Wednesday nights 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Six courts set up with a $3.00 charge to play. Park on the South East side of the school by the softball fields and enter through door #20. Walk up the hall and the gym is on the right side.
- Outdoors at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St, Eldridge. Drop-in play – Six new dedicated Pickleball courts at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St. are open from sunrise to sunset. Group play is 8-11 a.m. Monday- Saturday, 5 p.m. to sunset Monday-Thursday and 3-6 p.m. on Sundays. Advanced Play – Tuesday and Saturday evening at 5 pm. Others are invited also as there is plenty of room for all ability levels with 6 courts. Contact Mike Martin at (563) 285-8530.
Pickleball Courts in Coal Valley, Illinois
- Outdoors at Coal Valley Municipal Park, 1000 1st Street. Drop-in Play — 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, and 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Two outdoor courts available. Contact Sharon Walters (309) 799-3856.
Community Center in Geneseo, Illinois
- Indoors and Outdoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. Drop-in Play – 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m. Alternating Saturday and Sunday (Please see the online calendar for schedule) Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo, 3 courts available, indoor or out, depending on weather. All equipment provided. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
- Sundays Indoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. January 24th, January 31st, February 7th, and February 14th from 1-3 p.m. More dates may be added in the future. Please watch the QCPC calendar for updates. Cost for non-members is $7, $6 for seniors. Sign up on the QCPC sign up sheet and please monitor the sign-up sheet before traveling to play. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
Pickleball Courts in Moline, Illinois
- Outdoors at Riverside Park, 3300 5th Avenue. Drop-in Play- Tuesdsay and Thursday – 8:00 – 10:30 a.m., Evening Play-Wednesday – 6:00 -8:30 p.m. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Indoors at Quad City Tennis Club, 1522 – 47th Avenue. The Moline Tennis Club has a Pickleball membership and fee schedule for our members. (and public)
There will be two sessions – 15 weeks in the fall from Sept 19th to Dec 31st.
The second session is 17 weeks from January 1st to April 30th
Each session will cost $50 for a PB Membership (current Tennis members to only pay court fees)
Our QCPC members will only pay $35 per session. Nice gesture on their part.
Court Fees for Members – $30 for 10 drop ins or $5 daily drop in play – $7 for non-members. Balls provided by the TC. Sign up starts Sept 1st.
Monday – 8 – 12
Tuesday 8 – 12 and 6:30 to 9:30 pm
Wednesday 8 – 12
Thursday 8 – 12
Friday 8 – 12
Saturday 3 – 7pm (no play on 6 Sat 10/8 – 10/29 – 11/5 – 11/19 – 12/10 – 12/17)
Sunday 8 – 12 (no play on 5 Sun 10/9 – 10/30 – 11/20 – 12/11 & 12/25)
Weekly Clinic Schedule
Tuesday Advanced Clinic/games – 10 – 11am
Wednesday Beginner/Intermediate – 10 – 11am
Thursday Organized Play w rotations – all levels – 10 – 12 am
Pickleball Courts in Rock Island, Illinois
- Indoors at Rock Island Fitness & Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Drop-in Play – Monday through Friday 9-11 a.m. (Advanced/Intermediate), 11 a.m.-1 a.m. (Beginner/Intermediate), and Open Play 1-3 (except the Wednesdays that classes are held). Evening Play 7-9 p.m. Mondays. Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three indoor courts available. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Evening Play 7-9 p.m. Mondays (Temporarily unavailable do to conflict) at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three indoor courts available. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lincoln Park, 3801 11th Ave. Drop-in Play – 8:00 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. Three outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball. Lights for evening play. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lower Lincoln Park, 42nd St. and 9th Ave. Two outdoor courts available.
- Outdoors at Longview Park, 1591 18th Ave. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Outdoors at Mel McKay Park in Southwest Rock Island, 92nd Avenue and 14th Street W (on the corner of the Rock Island-Milan Beltway). Drop-in Play – 8:00 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday. 6 new dedicated Pickleball courts. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
Pickleball Courts in Silvis, Illinois
- Outdoors at Friendship Park, 14th Street and Crosstown Avenue. One court available towards back of park, behind softball diamond.
- Outdoors at Schadt Park, 12th Street and 4th Avenue. Drop-in Play — 5:00 to 7 p.m. Monday and Thursday. Two courts available. Rules posted on the fence near the entrance gate. Contact Bert Hanlin (309) 781-7954.