There are twelve individually fenced pickleball courts and a number of tennis courts lined for pickleball in the Quad-Cities area. The courts are open to the general public for recreational use during daylight hours. Please check the calendar for the most up to date days and times for play. Additionally, the following activities are available for instructional clinics and drop in play.
Activities are also in a list below for your convenience.
CLUB ACTIVITIES SIGN UP SHEET
The club has an interactive sign up sheet for various activities. This is a great way to indicate you are attending and for others to see who plans to participate. Sign up on the club shared spreadsheet at http://tinyurl.com/QCPB-SignUp.
Lessons for beginning players are available indoors at Rock Island Fitness (see below). Please sign up ahead of time as class sizes are limited. At other times, lessons are available upon request at times convenient for players and instructors. Call Sharon Walters at (309) 799-3856 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Membership tab for registration form to join the QC Pickleball Club.
- PB 101 Introduction to Pickleball. (Free on Wednesdays with gym charge-see below)
- PB 102 New Strokes and Practice. (On Demand for Club Members)
- PB 103 Organized Play. (On Demand for Club Members)
- Beginner Practice. (Available at RIFAC – see below)
- At all levels of instruction we recommend students practice what they have learned for two weeks before progressing to the next level. Practice is very important to help you master your new skills. Practice at times when the court is not being used for more advanced play so you can feel comfortable to develop your game with players at a similar level. Drop in play is NOT recommended to students.
Beginner Drop-in Play – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday at RIFAC. This drop in is designed to provide players new to the game an opportunity to play together.
Beginner Lessons – Beginning Pickleball classes will held at RIFAC on the 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays of February, March, April and May. The classes will be held from 1-3 p.m. and the cost is just the gym fee ($3.00 for non RIFAC members and $2.00 for members) plus $1.00 if you need to rent a racket. Please contact email@example.com to sign up as space will be limited. If you sign up for the class you will attend both dates in each session.
Session 1 will be February 10 and 17.
Session 2 will be March 9 and 16.
Session 3 will be April 13 and 20.
Session 4 will be May 11 and 18.
Anyone who is interested in learning to play Pickleball or want to sharpen their basic skills are invited to take the class.
Beginner Practice – 1 -3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Wednesdays 1-3 when there are no classes scheduled) at RIFAC. Practice. Practice. Practice. This weekly session is designed to provide players new to pickleball an opportunity to practice with others Play the game and get tips on what you can work on to improve your game. Contact Sharon Walters at (309) 799-3856 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pickleball Courts in Bettendorf, Iowa
- Indoors at Bettendorf Community Center, 2204 Grant Street. 3 courts Drop-in Play – 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $3.00. Contact Barb Cline at email@example.com
- Outdoors at Kiwanis Park, 4223 Greenbrier Dr. adjacent to Paul Norton Elementary School. Drop-in Play – 8 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday Six individually fenced pickleball courts. Contact Barb Cline at (563) 359-0558.
Pickleball Courts in Davenport, Iowa
- Indoors at Beyond the Baseline Field House, 1540 W. 12th Street. 6 indoor courts. Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, $3.00 per session charge. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
- Evening/Weekend Play, Indoors at West YMCA, 3503 W. Locust St., 3 indoor courts. Drop-in Play – Monday & Tuesday 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday 1 to 3 p.m. Free for Y members, $3 per session for non members. Contact the YMCA at (563) 386-4414
- Outdoors at Duck Creek Park, 3300 E. Locust St., 2 courts marked on existing tennis courts.
- Outdoors at Emeis Park, 4500 W. Locust Street, 1 court marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Garfield Park, 1224 E. 29th Street, 3 courts marked on existing tennis court.
- Outdoors at Northwest Park, 3500 N. Division Street, 6 courts marked on existing tennis courts. Drop-in Play –8:30 to 10:30 a.m. daily, weather permitting. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play may be available at Beyond the Baseline. Another 8 dedicated courts are under construction and should be available spring of 2016. Contact coordinator Barb Shinbori (563) 340-2529.
Pickleball Courts in DeWitt, Iowa
- Indoors at DeWitt Evangelical Free Church
- Outdoors at Central Community High School Tennis Courts.
Pickleball Courts in Eldridge, Iowa
- Indoors at Sports Town, 1700 Blackhawk Trail, Eldridge. Drop-in Play Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday 8-11 a.m. at Sportstown, 1700 Blackhawk Trail, Eldridge. Exception: courts not available Nov. 22, Jan. 9, Jan. 30 and Feb. 30. Four indoor courts available with an entrance fee. Contact Sheri Michels at (563) 940 5127.
- Evening Play, Indoors at North Scott High School, 200 S 1st St, Eldridge. Wednesday nights 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Six courts set up with a $3.00 charge to play. Park on the South East side of the school by the softball fields and enter through door #20. Walk up the hall and the gym is on the right side.
- Outdoors at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St, Eldridge. Drop-in play – Six new dedicated Pickleball courts at Sheridan Meadows Park, 851 N 1st St. are open from sunrise to sunset. Group play is 8-11 a.m. Monday- Saturday, 5 p.m. to sunset Monday-Thursday and 3-6 p.m. on Sundays. Lessons are held Tuesdays from 8-11 a.m. with a rain date on Thursdays. Contact Mike Martin at (563) 285-8530.
Pickleball Courts in Coal Valley, Illinois
- Outdoors at Coal Valley Municipal Park, 1000 1st Street. Drop-in Play — 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, and 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Two outdoor courts available. Contact Sharon Walters (309) 799-3856.
- Indoors at Arrowhead Ranch, 12200 104th St. Drop-in Play – 9-11 a.m. Saturday only. Three indoor courts available. Cost is $3.
Community Center in Geneseo, Illinois
- Indoors and Outdoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. Drop-in Play – 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo, 3 courts available, indoor or out, depending on weather. All equipment provided. First Tuesday of month is beginner’s invitation, pickleball rodeo, and lunch. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
- Sundays Indoors at Geneseo Community Center at 541 E. North St, Geneseo. January 24th, January 31st, February 7th, and February 14th from 1-3 p.m. More dates may be added in the future. Please watch the QCPC calendar for updates. Cost for non-members is $7, $6 for seniors. Sign up on the QCPC sign up sheet and please monitor the sign-up sheet before traveling to play. Contact David Stover (309) 945-7700, or the Geneseo Community Center (309) 944-5695.
Pickleball Courts in Moline, Illinois
- Outdoors at Riverside Park, 3300 5th Avenue. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Indoors at Quad City Tennis Club, 1522 – 47th Avenue. Drop-in Play – 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Six indoor courts available. QCPC members and Tennis Club members – $3 each day. All other players – $4. League play is encouraged from 8:30-12 each Wednesday. Wednesday Skill and Drill sessions from 9:30 to 10 am — Feb. 10th– lobbing and overheads. A short drill session will follow the clinics. A different Skill and Drill lesson will be given each Wed at 9:30 Beginner skills will be demonstrated if there is enough interest by players. These skill sessions will only take up one or two courts for 30 minutes. The other four courts will be available for drop in play.
Pickleball Courts in Rock Island, Illinois
- Indoors at Rock Island Fitness & Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Drop-in Play – Monday through Friday 9-11 a.m. (Advanced/Intermediate), 11 a.m.-1 a.m. (Beginner/Intermediate), and Open Play 1-3 (except the Wednesdays that classes are held). Evening Play 7-9 p.m. Mondays. Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three indoor courts available. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Evening Play 7-9 p.m. Mondays (Temporarily unavailable do to conflict) at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center, 4303 24th Street, Rock Island. Fee: $3/$2, Punch cards are available. Three indoor courts available. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lincoln Park, 3801 11th Ave. Drop-in Play – 9:00 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. Three outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball. Lights for evening play. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
- Outdoors at Lower Lincoln Park, 42nd St. and 9th Ave. Two outdoor courts available.
- Outdoors at Longview Park, 1591 18th Ave. Two outdoor tennis courts with lines marked for pickleball available. Lights for evening play.
- Outdoors at Mel McKay Park in Southwest Rock Island, 92nd Avenue and 14th Street W (on the corner of the Rock Island-Milan Beltway). Drop-in Play – 8:30 to 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Three dedicated Pickleball courts. If weather is bad or courts are wet, indoor play is available 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rock Island Fitness and Activity Center with a fee. Contact Annie Edwards. (309) 206-5029.
Pickleball Courts in Silvis, Illinois
- Outdoors at Friendship Park, 14th Street and Crosstown Avenue. One court available towards back of park, behind softball diamond.
- Outdoors at Schadt Park, 12th Street and 4th Avenue. Drop-in Play — 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday and Thursday. Two courts available. Rules posted on the fence near the entrance gate. Contact Bert Hanlin (309) 781-7954.